Social media platforms, like Instagram, especially, can be wonderful spaces from which to draw inspiration. From salivating over perfectly plated meals that inspire you to use your kitchen more, to step-by-step morning routines that encourage you to take a bit more time out of the day for self-care, Instagram can be a sort of vision board for those seeking to elevate their everyday life just a bit more.
When it comes to being a mom or dad, drawing inspiration and digesting a daily dose of #girlboss encouragement can go a long way, especially when we refrain from letting very common feelings like fomo (fear of missing out), idolization, jealousy, or enoughness take us away from reality, balance, and the fact that no one is perfect.
For the mamas and daddies out there who appreciate the pretty things in life while also welcoming the real messes that come along with everyday parenthood, in no particular order, here is a list of some of our favorite mom and dad bloggers who we think do a great job of making the mess look pretty while also keeping it real.
Behind every perfect photo is a more perfect mess.
- Love Taza: Naomi Davis is raising her five littles with her husband in New York City. That’s right; that’s 50 little toes strolling the busy streets of the Big Apple day in and day out. Her blog captures fun colorful moments from everyday life in her family’s NYC apartment as well as short videos that illustrate what it looks like living in a big city with kids. She also shares personal anecdotes about being a mom and a basic human with emotions, dreams, and feelings.
- Elizabeth Spindler: Elizabeth is another city dwelling mama living in Washington DC with her family. From capturing family vacations to sharing how she and her husband have adopted Montessori methods at home, Elizabeth has a fun timeline of her family’s favorite moments.
- BeachSeakersFam: Jumping coasts, Nikol is raising her twin girls in sunny southern California. Her timeline boasts colorful pictures of her family’s life living, loving, and traveling all over the world. It’s great to tag along and see how Nikol teaches her girls about different cultures and countries TWO at a time. Plus, ff you’ve ever been a twin, wanted a twin, or are raising twins, it sure is fun to see all the matchy-matchy moments she styles with her daughters.
- McHusbands: Erik and Adam are two dads raising their twin girls, Addisen and Everest, and they share their parenthood journey on YouTube as well! These new parents are super candid about everything from creating their family through IVF to overcoming negative comments from people who don’t value the loving family they’ve created.
- Fontes_Four_Pack: Tyler Fontes is a stay at home dad of twin boys living and raising his tribe in Phoenix, Arizona. In his feed, we get to see a lot of desert, a lot of sunshine, and a lot of adventure! From double nap times to double mountain hikes, join along in the fun with the Fontes family!
- JoyfullyGreen: Here we have a beautifully curated timeline from, Joy Green. She describes her blog as “finding the joy in everyday life,” which we’re sure everyone can appreciate no matter the chaos. She’s a stylish mama living in Houston, TX that gives her readers plenty of lifestyle, fashion, and real parenthood moments on her blog. One of our favorite reads? Her post on how to teach kids kindness.
Featured Image Via: @elizabethspindler